Job title: Assistant Scientist Technical Operations (=for recent graduate) OR Associate Scientist Technical Operations (=for experienced candidate)
JanssenBiologics is applying mathematical models to help commercial manufacturing to supply more patients with innovative medicines at lower costs. We are looking for an Assistant/Associate Scientist in the Technical Operations department to strengthen our modeling team, who can be a key player in the role out of Real Time Multi Variate Analysis (RT-MVA) models and Ramanspectroscopical models throughout our organization.
Leiden site Technical Operations (TO) is part of the global Technical Operations organization. TO manages the technology platform strategy within Leiden as well as across the other parenteral sites. The strategy is locally executed by TO. TO is responsible for validation and standardization of processes and equipment within the JanssenBiologics site and manages Life Cycle Management (LCM) projects and improvement projects. We accomplish this through our broad technical competency, global reach and local execution power. A job within the TO team is very dynamic and diverse. We are looking for someone who likes challenges, is collaborative and is keen on working within project teams.
The Assistant/Associate Scientist will strengthen our modeling team to construct RT-MVA and Raman models. This project will include exposure to different parts of our organization and the Assistant/Associate Scientist will be responsible for constructing the models in collaboration with different SME's. Because this is a collaborative effort, change management and collaboration skills will be required.
- MSc/PDEng in an engineering discipline/data sciences with an emphasis on biologics.
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience in the (bio-) pharmaceutical industry.
- Programming knowledge in a scripting language, R, or MATLAB is required for data manipulation and analysis. Previous experience using SIMCA and/or SIMCA-online is a plus.
- Knowledge of bioproduction processes is a plus.
- Prior knowledge of any of the following is strongly desirable: metabolic flux analysis, multivariate analysis, or mechanistic modeling.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- The ability to work individually (independently) as well as in a team.
Are you the Assistant/Associate Scientist we are looking for? Feel free to send me an email to inquire more information or to apply (with your most recent CV) to: j.vanbaalen(@)progressive-nl.com