My client is currently in need of a applications engineer on a contract basis. About the role:
The key activities:
- Technical surveys to assess available control systems and energy assets on site.
- Understand the hardware and software requirements that are needed to monitor and control the energy assets for DSR, FFR, EFR, STOR, etc.
- Understand the requirements on systems on site to fulfil National Grid and/or DNO test requirements to participate in the Energy balancing and capacity markets
- Evaluate the existing energy assets at our customer sites, and advise on their potential use for the energy markets
- Evaluate the potential of using new or additional assets to an existing site to improve customers revenue streams participating in the energy markets
- Be the primary technical resource for field sales and services
- Act as the bridge between customers and development team
- Provide the technical support and expertise to customers
- Work collaboratively between internal departments to ensure that knowledge and domain expertise are utilised in the proposed solutions to our customers
- A good electrical engineering background in the transmission and distribution, and knowledge of control systems is essential
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience of:
- The use of battery storage as an embedded system in the power distribution network, and their use for the ancillary services of National Grid such as: Firm Frequency Response and Enhanced Frequency Response
- Understand the use of various ancillary services in the energy balancing and capacity markets
- Understand how to provide and implement Demand Side Response for industrial and commercial sites
- Current driving license
- Willingness and ability to attend at customer sites both individually (especially) and as part of a team (on occasions)
- Willingness and ability to undertake out of hours work on a rota basis
If you believe you are relevant for this role or you know someone that is, please do not hesitate to get in touch with a up to date CV.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales