Currently looking for an AWS DevOps Engineer for a 12 months contract based in Melbourne CBD starting within the next 2-4 weeks!
Please see below some of the main duties and responsibilities for this role:
- Responsible for designing, building and administering a secure cloud platform based on industry standards, best practices and guidelines
- Determine technical standards and specifications and lead the design, build and support of shared services cloud platform components
- Review the current architectural landscape and make appropriate recommendations
- Must be able to compare various solutions and determine the one which best fits the need
- Designs, develops and maintains infrastructure and backend applications
- Provides experience in web application technologies and middleware solutions
- 3 years' experience using Amazon Web Service (AWS) platform experience (i.e. EC2, S3, RDS, etc)
- 3 years of application and web development experience
- 2 years or more experience in Agile practices
- Experience in some, or all, of the following tool(s) preferred: RISC networks, New Relic, Sumologic and PagerDuty
- Experience working with administrator and service accounts and troubleshoot creates/updates and maintains system documentation, interacts with users, deep understanding of monitoring AWS instances and services
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities and best practices architectures, and engineering solutions within multiple Cloud accounts and services
- Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console. Knowledge and experience architecting and configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Operations for firewalls, routers and switches and the ability to formulate access control lists (ACLs) via the Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Experience with automating server configuration for security including logging, key changes, and system hardening
- Experience planning and implementing secure networking practices such as: application segmentation, network segmentation, NAC and other access control testing/validation, updating access control SOPs
- Understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well Architected Framework
- Develop and implement the backup, recovery, and resilience frameworks in AWS
- Technical adviser to provide detailed planning information to project coordinators to assist in planning of implementation steps, corrective actions, upgrade recommendations and optimization steps for AWS hosted platforms
- Scripts and/or automates common repeatable tasks across the spectrum of supported products and technologies
- Providing expertise in the use of AWS best practices to support and scale client system architecture
- Analytical problem solving with the ability to translate written requirements into operational practice
If this role sounds interesting to you please don't hesitate to apply and I will be intouch to discuss this role further.
For More Information please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018