First line support Automation Engineer - Region of Alkmaar - 67k+
For a big Dutch Oil&Gas company we are looking for an Automation Engineer who is open for a challenge! At the busiest pipe intersection in the Netherlands, the first line automation support engineer team is looking for a colleague!
Are you interested in getting involved in automation projects from the greenfield stage to abandonment activities? Then you could be a valuable part of their engineering team!
This team takes care of about 90 production fields, 350+ wells, 55 off shore location and 2 gas plants. As you can see, this position is commercially and technically incredibly challenging. Therefore, we are looking for a strong Automation Engineer who is solution driven as well as communicatively sharp.
You will be expected to deliver engineering solutions to process disturbances, maintenance and modification engineering activities. Pro-active monitoring of FWPAS, SCADA, PCD-IT and PI is an important part of your day too. Furthermore, you will be an integrate contribution to ensure safe production process deliverable and organising alarm optimisation.
Our perfect new team member's skillset looks approximately like the following:
- You have an understanding of the Dutch language. Note: you don't need to be able to speak Dutch but have a general understanding when people speak to you.
- Work experience with one or more of the following systems: Yokogawa DCS & safety systems, Siemens PCS-7, Schneider Electric series, Hima Safety controllers.
- Knowledge in programming languages
- Good interpersonal skills. This means you can work in a team, however you are self-motivated and are able to work independently.
- Background in Control & Automation systems
- Experience in either: E&I support, maintenance, project engineering or commissioning support.
- 3+ years of experience in the Automation field, preferably with Yokogawa systems.
This position is incredibly challenging as you are expected to know most of the previously mentioned production fields, gas plants etc. The wide range of responsibilities ensures that the learning curve in this team is extraordinarily steep. Therefore, we are looking for a sharp engineer who isn't necessarily done with learning but picks up new material quickly. Someone who takes charge when problems arise, but values the input of team members.
Do you think you are up for it, or do you know someone who is open to a new challenge?
Apply for the position of first line support Automation Engineer, or would you just like more information about the position? Contact Isaura Smit, Automation & Process Control Engineer recruiter or call +31(0)205305822.