Supporting our established and reputable client with offices in Central Manchester we are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer with good Cisco experience.
The role will be for an initial 8 months, though expected to run longer. Attractive hourly rates are on offer and the work schedule is Monday-Friday, 37hrs per week (some overtime is available if desired)
The Infrastructure Engineer co-ordinates, plans and executes Infrastructure changes and maintenance ensuring that changes to production systems are assessed and implemented to recognised best practise standards.
Competence, knowledge and skills:
- Experience managing & maintaining Cisco switches etc with solid LAN administration experience
- Experience managing & maintaining VMWare solutions
- Experience managing & maintaining firewalls
- Plan and carry out upgrades to all system software, e.g. OS upgrades, Citrix upgrades.
- Assist other IT staff members with investigations of problems occurring on the various systems. Playing a part in resolving IT incidents in a timely manner.
- Maintain asset records for infrastructure assets ensuring they are up to date.
- Document system architecture, changes and maintain appropriate IT controls.
- Document infrastructure standards and ensure compliance to these standards.
- Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE etc.)
- Cisco networking products.
- VMware ESXi, vCloud & SRM
- Office 365
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010
- Capacity monitoring and planning.
- ITIL certified or strong working knowledge of IT Operational processes.
If you are interested in this role then please send me your latest CV. You can find me on Linkedin also.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales