Utility Investment Planning Consultant (PR-33883699)
We are working directly with one of our favorite hiring managers at a top tier AEC consulting firm to fill an Utility Investment Planning Consultant position to expand their team. The opportunity is for working onsite in Atlanta, GA, with a flexible work schedule. Client open to offer relocation assistance in addition to ESOP, equity opportunities.
The Utility Investment Planning Consultant will utilize extensive knowledge in electrical transmission and distribution systems to develop long-range investment plans for projects supporting electric utilities. The consultant will support a broad range of studies and other consulting services around system resilience and reliability, aging infrastructure and electrification.
This consultant will be a lead contributor in technical studies and work with project managers to lead the technical execution for projects. Spend time directly engaged with clients establishing study objectives, formulating project approaches, and manage/oversee a team of consultants/engineers to meet study objectives and provide the client with useful and actionable deliverables.
Project execution: Assist PMs, lead aspects of project execution including engineering, data collection, financial, and technical analysis; maintain project schedule; develop key project deliverables including analysis, reports, and presentations; analyze and communicate project status, schedule, risks, and costs to PMs; assist in leading multi-discipline teams of engineers and analysts; plan, organize, and communicate project personnel needs to project and department management.
Leadership: Mentor and train less experienced staff on technical aspects; serve as a recognized in-house leader in power delivery planning and evaluation.
Business development: Assist PMs in business development activities; assist in managing existing client relationships through client marketing and project interactions; identify new sales opportunities; assist within aspects of proposal development and submission including project planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering (electrical preferred), accounting, finance, or from an accredited program.
- 3 years, or Master's in Engineering or Business with 2 years, related experience associated with electric utility operations, planning, or consulting.
- Experience working with large data sets and data analytical tools, consisting of both engineering and financial information.
- Knowledge regarding electric transmission and distribution systems.
- Knowledge of utility electric distribution system planning, design, construction, operations, and maintenance of distribution facilities.
- Experience and knowledge of substation design and construction preferred.
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com