Site Manager (2nd Shift) (PR-33993461)
Progressive GE is looking for an experienced Site Manager to lead the construction phase of our High Voltage Service projects in North America.
The Site Manager (SM) is located at customer project sites throughout the construction and installation phase of the project. During projects, the SM reports organizationally to the Senior Site Manager, Field Operations, who provides general direction and support, and functionally to the Project Manager (PM), who will provide project-specific direction. The SM has the lead role for Progressive GE at the construction site.
The Site Manager is Progressive GE's leader on the construction site and represents Progressive GE to contractors, customers, suppliers, and the local community. This includes making decisions and giving direction, while exercising discretion and good judgment. With high-impact issues, the SM will make collaborative decisions with the PM or other members of the project team.
- Leadership - Responsible for establishing and maintaining a site culture in which all participants understand and support the expectations for the project and cooperate to achieve its success. This requires effectively communicating expected outcomes, standards for work and behavior and providing corrective direction when departures from those expectations occur.
- Schedule Management - Managing productivity and other relevant factors to ensure that construction is executed and completed within the bounds of the project.
- Cost Management - Managing construction costs within project budget and profit margins.
- Quality Management - Managing adherence of construction products to drawings, specifications, standards and quality requirements.
- Environmental, Health & Safety Management - Promoting a safety culture; Managing for safe practices to ensure safety of personnel on site and meeting all health, safety and environmental requirements of Progressive GE, the customer and regulatory agencies.
- Contract Execution Management - Knowing all the project contracts and terms and managing construction execution to adhere to contracts with customers and subcontractors.
- Materials Management - Managing equipment, materials and components delivered to the site so that they are properly received, handled and stored, and properly accounted for.
- Field Team and Subcontractor Management - Managing workers and subcontractors so their performance meets requirements of behavior, quality, schedule of work, productivity and cooperation. Support recruiting and hiring of project team.
- Risk Management - anticipating and managing problems with Technical Advisor and project manager, such as lack or delay of information or materials, errors on drawings, insufficient resources, inclement weather, unexpected issues and events and other problems that threaten the success of the project.
- Consultation - Interpret documentation, contracts, requirements and other information to ensure subcontractors correctly understand the project's requirements and build to them.
- Analysis and Action - Analyze and make effective recommendations and decisions on the resolution of constructability issues, errors on drawings, omissions, and general problems.
- Lessons Learned - Formulate and execute improvements over existing methods, processes, procedures, standards and other work functions that will improve cost, schedule and other performance measures and document them for future projects.
- Liaison & Communication - Responsible for informing the PM and other members of the project team of status, progress, situations/developments and risks and opportunities with potential impact on the project's success.
- The SM serves as Progressive GE's representative to our customer, subcontractors and regulatory inspectors, and the local community. Professionalism and credible presence on site are needed to establish effective relationships with customer and provide timely and accurate information and responses to inquiries and comments.
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com