Kansas City, Missouri, United States
US$48 - US$65 per hour + competitive
Job Type: Contract
Major responsibilities will include:
- Lead design of distribution voltage packages for both overhead and underground projects, including distribution equipment installation, feeder replacement, cable replacement, and new feeder design.
- Prepare electrical distribution equipment packages: equipment specifications and data sheets, Request for Qualifications (RFQ's), technical bid summaries, and purchase recommendations.
- Review electrical distribution equipment vendor drawings; interface with suppliers, clients other engineering disciplines, detailers, designers.
- Review various distribution calculations, including cable pulling, voltage drop, and pole loading calculations.
- Apply strong knowledge of NESC standards and utility standards, guides, specifications and procedures.
- Participate in development of project schedule, scope, budget, resource forecasting and construction planning. Responsible for effective management of change orders.
- Apply expert knowledge of commonly used electrical distribution concepts, practices, codes and procedures within the distribution engineering services industry.
- Apply knowledge and experience to complex projects to find non-standard design solutions.
- Oversee or perform Quality Control reviews of production drawings for a variety of projects and project-related data as required by the project managers to verify corrections are made within multiple CAD-related software.
- Oversee or perform Quality Control reviews of the construction administration activities including coordination with field personnel to resolve design-related installation issues, calculations, field inspections and testing of electrical systems.
- Lead field inspections, installation, measurements or calculations for overhead and underground electric facilities on public and private electric utility systems.
- Prepare and present technical reports for clients and industry publications.
- Build effective relationships with existing clients, customers and contractors and develop new business opportunities. Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction goals and expectations are met.
- Participate in sales and marketing efforts and identify key pursuits.
- Lead the development of cost proposals and qualification statements to achieve stated targets and standards for financial performance.
- Prepare and present project budgets and cost estimates. Report project performance.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction by mentoring less experienced engineers and designers.
- Responsible for QA/QC process adherence.
- Responsible for effective communication with other engineering disciplines and project communication regarding vegetation management, third party attachments, right of way and outage planning.
- Responsible for compliance with company and site safety policies.
- All other duties as assigned
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com