Progressive Global Energy is hiring an experienced Scheduler for an exciting opportunity with an American Power and Energy company for a Nuclear Power Plant for scheduling of projects within the plant. This position is in North Anna, Virginia and will consider local or non-local candidates. Looking for candidates proficient in Primavera P6. The chosen candidate will serve as a principle or lead scheduler working closely with technical experts, project leads, and project managers in creating and managing project schedules. Work includes linking critical activities across multiple projects to create and publish high level integrated master schedules. Utilizes scheduling techniques, practices an established criterion to develop, maintain, analyze, and evaluate major project schedules. Develops and analyzes trending of critical and near critical path activities and making recommendations. Position may interface with and provide oversight to external vendor schedulers as needed.
This is a long-term, full-time contract position written or 12 months with high potential to keep extending. The work schedule is a 9/80 schedule meaning you work 9-hour days and get every other Friday off. Who does not like a 3-day weekend! We offer full benefits to our contract employees(medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, etc.) Competitive hourly rates with over time at time and a half and daily per diem for non-local candidates. The position will be based at the North Anna, VA plant, but will start out working from home due to covid.
Requirements/ Experience to include:
- 10+ years scheduling experience is ideal - will consider less for applicable experience
- Proficient in Primavera P6
- Strong communication, team player and able to professionally liaise with Project Managers as well as vendors
- Complete basic reporting to project trends such as pulling P6 reports and converting into Excel
- Nuclear experience is preferred but will consider utility experience
- Strong appreciation and experience within costing
- Experience scheduling for large scale construction projects
- Experience overseeing large projects, SLR involves $20-$100+million projects
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Identifies and implements better work alternatives and business processes
- Provides assistance, advise and solutions to peers, customers, and co-workers
- Makes decisions independently
- May provide input in setting objectives and policy, identifying critical issues and introducing new concepts
- Ability to handle complex work and all aspects of the job using a wide knowledge for the field and mastery (advanced knowledge, skill and/or abilities that provides subject matter authority and superior command in a particular job) of the subject matter
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.