Scheduler/Planner - Electrcial Construction Scheduling
* Develop a detailed construction plan that involves planned outages (shutdowns), construction phases, construction steps, material, and equipment requirements, lay down areas, and overall time schedule with final ready for load dates that align with the project plan.
* Provide input to engineering in order to identify potential areas to implement safety by design. Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within assigned area.
* Must have ability to review substation design drawings and provide comments to engineering. Must be able to develop detailed construction sequence based on the design criteria. Must be able to provide construction input to the design team in order to identify potential construction issues such as the need for temporary facilities.
* Develop work plans that are aligned with safety standards, policies and processes in order to ensure that the execution of the work plans will promote a safe working environment and minimise risk for all staff. Collaborate with other groups to ensure system reliability, safety, and efficiency is demonstrated during large scale projects.
* Attend site meetings and participate with project team to evaluate different engineering solutions, construction strategies, and project delivery strategies in order to deliver the project safely and efficiently.
* Understand collective bargaining agreements that could impact work plan delivery.
* Bachelor's degree or 5 to 8 years equivalent experience in the electricity construction management environment with 3 to 5 years in the utility management.
* Experience in substation construction with focus on construction methods, cost control, safety, environmental, quality and service, and performance. Demonstrated knowledge and application of Safety and Environmental rules.
* Ability to assess potential conflicts by reviewing construction drawings and provide solutions to the project team.
There is NO PER DIEM for this position, open to local Eastern-Massachusetts schedulers or those willing to relocate without Per Diem in place.
Please respond to this job advertisement if you deem fit. Also please pass this onto others who may fit these requirements open to learning more.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.