QEW Construction Manager (PR-33931902)
- Applies advanced knowledge of professional and technical concepts to projects in multiple disciplines such as civil, electrical, process instrumentation and Electrical Transmission/Distribution construction management.
- Attends job scope walk downs with Engineers and Project Managers, lead job scope discussions, conducts preliminary job site visits, solicits input on the constructability and contractibility of proposed projects.
- Interprets, designs, and writes work specific scope documentation and contributes to the decision making process with Project Managers and Supervisors related to contract work.
- Reviews RFP's to confirm financial data submitted from the contractor matches the job scope.
- Attends and lead formal job walk downs and 30/60/90 design reviews by Engineering with Project Managers and/or Electric Operation Supervisors to review the IFC (Issued For Construction) drawings and discuss scope, schedule and target dates.
- Compiles internal drawings and relevant data for the RFP and contract processes.
- Addresses all communication with contractors. Conducts meetings at the job site allowing contractors to review the design and ask questions.
- Utilizes workload management database and update assigned projects. Assist career level employees with system usage and begin reviewing workload analysis reports.
- Assists in the pre-construction project cycle, accompanies team on project walks and offer constructability reports when tasked. Coordinate both construction project kick off meetings, meet with governing agencies/ municipalities to manage and enlist compliance with permitting regulations.
- Ensures accurate documentation of contractor billing, manage change orders and the close out of project field records.
- Leads weekly construction and progress meetings and publish meeting notes with field records on a project basis. Maintains a positive relationship with construction superintendents and project managers updating them as part of the project construction team.
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com