Protection and Controls Engineer (PR-33890125)
Protection and Controls Engineers
* Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineer, may consider computer engineering and automation
* Power background
* Soft skills: wishes to grow, honest, trustworthy
* Familiar with SCADA
* Familiarity with following topics:
o Exposure/Understanding to/of substation electrical drawings (prints)
o Previous experience with Electromechanical Protective Relays
o Knowledge about substation apparatus (circuit breakers, power transformers, current transformers, potential transformers, etc.)
o Knowledge about substation testing and commissioning activities (Megger, CT testing, PT/CVT testing, etc.)
o Knowledge about Telecommunications (Radiofrequency, Optical Fiber, RS232, RS485, DNP3, Modbus, IEC 61850, etc.)
* MUST have SEL (relay)
* DOBLE is a plus for test agreement: 3 phase DOBLE 6150 (local to Florida), open to other such as Omicron, etc.
* Experience in protection suites: interface between DOBLE and relay
* High travel (75%) - to client sites in Northern Florida from home base, vehicle provided
Base salary plus performance based and discretionary bonuses, excellent benefits package.
Relocation options for qualified candidates.
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com