Project Manager, Wildfire Program Strategy (PR-33931397)
- 4+ years - Must have mix of direct work experience related to project management, engineering, permitting, construction and operations of facilities associated with natural gas storage, transmission, distribution or petroleum or other similarly related industries. Required
- Understanding of project management principles including scope development, developing and using a work breakdown structure, estimate development, cost control, schedule development, progress measurement and evaluation, project reporting, change management, project financials and risk management.
- Conceptual and innovative thinking skills to solve complex problems, propose creative solutions, and ensure all feasible options are considered. Strong analytical thinking skills to evaluate complex proposals and bids for the basis of making objective decisions. Ability to link new concepts and technologies.
- Must be able to collaborate with a broad spectrum of diverse stakeholders to resolve concerns and solve problems. Advanced
- Must be able to effectively communicate the company's position on sometimes adversarial or controversial issues to regulatory agencies or the public.
- Must speak convincingly regarding all matters of the project and be able to present oneself as a credible spokesperson, especially when dealing with regulatory agencies or the public. Intermediate
- Understanding of finance and the CPUC regulatory oversight process. Intermediate
- Must have a basic understanding of contracting principles, contract law, and dispute resolution and be able to represent the company's interests in contract-related matters. Intermediate
- Strong performance management skills. Must possess strong leadership skills and demonstrate solid management practices to direct, monitor and assist company employees and outside contractors. Intermediate
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. Preferred
- Assist in the development and implementation of upcoming regulatory filings project justifications and responding to regulatory and business matters related to each project.
- Responsible for all aspects of employee management, including performance management, training and development. Deliver presentations to senior management or external stakeholders where technical and financial aspects of the projects are discussed. Prepare, edit and approve written communication on technical and non-technical matters for all levels of management.
- Overall project management responsibilities from project inception to project closeout.
- and single point of accountability for all aspects of the project under his/her area of responsibility and control.
- Analyze and determine regulatory and external stakeholder impacts and requirements of the projects. This work includes preparing supporting documentation for CPUC and other government agencies concerning project documentation, preparation of work papers, cost estimates, and timely responses to CPUC and other external data requests.
- Research and evaluate upcoming regulatory filings. Prepare, negotiate, and approve or recommend approval
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com