Project Estimator (015196)
Progressive Global Energy is recruiting for an experienced Project Estimator for a large Power Utility & Renewable Energy Company. Client is open to candidates working in the office, hybrid, or working from home full time (travel is not required). The corporate office base is in Juno Beach, FL for locally interested candidates. This position develops, quantifies, costs, and provides a complete capital expenditure (CapEx) model for evaluating projects. Employees in this role provide technical guidance, estimating knowledge, market pricing, and staffing considerations during the estimating process. Seeking candidates that have experience supporting Energy projects.
This is a one year, full-time contract position that can keep extending very long term due to the amount of CapEx projects coming on the next several years. We offer competitive hourly rates to our contract employees with full benefits (medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401k, etc.).
- Prepares capital cost estimates
- Reviews designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives, when appropriate
- Coordinates with other departments, ensuring understanding of project objectives and efficient utilization of resources
- Reviews layouts, designs, and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives, when appropriate
- Remains current with technology and industry evolution, assuring that capital estimates anticipate the correct market conditions
- Establishes, builds, and implements metrics for sot and construction estimate checks
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Microsoft Excel Experience
- Basic understanding of construction management principles including scheduling, estimating and means and methods
- Basic understanding of engineering principles including civil, structural, electrical and mechanical
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com