Project Engineer - Substation and Distribution
Electrical Design Engineer
Required to have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years engineering experience performing program and technical tasks in support of transmission and substation projects.
Provides knowledge and experience to develop, manage and implement engineering analysis, activities and programs.
Provide technical expertise and consultation through direct involvement to identify and resolve equipment and system problems.
Provide complete task management of engineering issues.
Responsible for supporting the Lead Responsible Engineer (LRE); Review engineering documents including relay sketches, single lines, schematics, general arrangements and layout drawings and wiring diagrams.
Perform the following roles and responsibilities.
- Act as interface between the LRE/ construction and EOC;
- work with LRE to establish project scope;
- Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for field/ construction questions;
- Coordinate disposition of all Field Change Request (FCR);
- Control distribution of design drawing transmittal;
- Generate Material Request to order material as required;
- Maintain an Action Item list and hold a biweekly engineering call between the LRE and EOC to discuss open items;
- Coordinate the review of IFA project dwgs with other team menbers; Gather all project TAWI, review, and transmit to EOC;
- Ensure all Cascade data is gathered and transmitted to the Cascade group;
- Ensure rating sheets are generated and distributed to the project team;
- Send project dwgs (SLD etc.) to TSO;
- Obtain quotes for outside services (ratings, SPCC updates, etc.);
- Generate contract requisitions and support the Field Engineer as required;
- Track material to ensure it is delivered to the field in time to support the schedule dates;
- Participate in schedule, outage and secondary blocking review meeting.
Position Requirements: Manager is looking for a Power System Engineering Degree (or related), with experience as a Lead Responsible Engineer, Regional Electric Distribution experience, and excellent Communication Skills in the candidates submitted for review.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.