My client, one of the world's large food and Beverage Company is currently looking for a Product Developer to join their team located in Norwalk, Connecticut. This is a 6 month contract position with a strong possibility of extension.
They will be responsible for deploying and continuously improving the R&D's New Product Development & Commercialization Process, supporting annual quality improvement goals through execution of plans to reduce complaints and assuring formula & process related execution of quality improvement initiatives across the business.
- Manages and leads multiple complex projects, the flawless commercialization of Broth and Bases through deployment of development and commercialization standards success criteria across R&D and forging highly collaborative relationships and communication/documentation mechanisms in partnership with supply chain management
- Conducts and leads assessment and capability studies, product startups/commercialization and provides on-site support to plant operations for new products, productivity and quality programs. Provide recommendations based on findings
- Focusing on understanding the consumer drivers via robust S&PG protocol, process/product interactions, process control strategies, and quality control strategies.
- Proactively applies scientific and/or technological concepts to business issues & opportunities, some in unexplored areas
- Fosters an innovation culture by continually introducing new ideas and product concepts for new products, quality improvements, and productivity.
- Meets formally with supply chain leadership on at least a monthly basis (informally more often) to gain agreement on the readiness to proceed to the next development/commercialization stage for all new products.
- Bachelors in Food Science or related culinary/technical field
- +5 years' experience in Food and/or Consumer Products industry within R&D
- Experience with Bakery products
- Supervisory experience with focus on employee development and coaching, along with improving organizational engagement and diversity.
- Good Communication skills, both verbally and written
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.