Process Engineer (500004)
We have a current opportunity for a Process Engineer IV with a Large Oil & Gas company! This position is primarily remote and would prefer candidates to live in any of the companies main locations. Salt Lake City UT, Dallas TX, Oklahoma City OK, Artesia NM, & Denver CO.
Conducts engineering assignments for the Engineering Department, working independently and acting as resource and lead position for less experienced personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines Projects by determining project objectives, selecting technical strategies and providing technical assistance to the business unit(s)
- Plans Projects by writing specifications, developing schedules and budgets, and identifying and developing process design of additions and improvement to existing processes
- Implements Projects by monitoring performance, taking corrective actions, providing feedback to project team such as generating, monitoring, and updating operating procedures and reporting weekly/monthly, and negotiating for materials, supplies and services
- Completes Projects by delivering output, wrapping-up administrative details, evaluating the project in its entirety
- Analyzes the economics of each project where appropriate; calculates ROI for proposed projects
- Acts as a mentor to other engineers
- Tracks performance measures and recommends parameters
- Uses past knowledge and experience to ensure safe, environmentally secure, and efficient operations
- Provides documentation and operating analysis for management
May be required to do some or all of the following:
- Supports and optimize refinery or pipeline/terminal operations with troubleshooting skills
- Designs chemical or other plant equipment and devise processes for manufacturing chemicals and products
- Designs pipeline/terminal or other equipment and devise processes for crude and refined product movements via pipeline, terminals and/or tankage
- Conducts research to develop new and improved chemical manufacturing processes.
- Designs, plans layout, and oversees personnel engaged in constructing, controlling, and improving equipment for carrying out chemical processes on a commercial scale
- Provides mechanical, civil, and structural review for all new, existing, and revamped equipment and facilities to ensure consistency with applicable design standards such as API, ASME, NFPA, ANSI, OSHA, etc.
- Starts up assistance for existing as well as new facilities
- Performs economic analyses and fill ROI and AFE reports for capital upgrades
- Determines most effective arrangement of operations, such as mixing, crushing, heat transfer, distillation, oxidation, hydrogenation, and polymerization
- Develops and implement processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost efficient manner
- Investigates and resolve work-in-process problems.
- Recommends and implement improvements and/or modification in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters
- Reviews proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing processing equipment
A minimum of eight years of progressive work experience in a specific engineering discipline and project management experience is required. Emphasis on power distribution and controls engineering is required of the electrical discipline depending on assignment.
Professional Engineer registration, refinery or petrochemical industry experience, some or all of FCC, CCR, Alky, Sulfur unit, Delayed Coking, Lubes Processing and hydro-treating experience for Chemical discipline depending on assignment are all preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in engineering discipline is required.
Technical expert in area of specialty. Advanced ability to stay abreast of new technology developments and processes and apply knowledge analytically. Strong knowledge of Microsoft products and commonly used engineering concepts and experience with engineering software. Familiarity with standards and practices of the specific discipline. Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication, advanced reading and writing skills, with the ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations.
May be responsible for the supervision of personnel as well as contractors.
Office and plant based with up to 20% travel by land and air required. Petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment, and out-of-doors environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, rotating equipment, wet and/or oil contaminated conditions, at both below grade and elevated positions, and working in confined spaces. Subject to all temperatures, weather and varying road conditions.
*This Company does NOT offer VISA transfer, sponsorship, or relocation to United States
**Progressive Recruitment has provided a pay range representing its good faith estimate of what is reasonably expected to be paid for the position. The pay offered to the selected candidate will be based on several factors including (but not limited to) our client's offer, the candidate's current experience, education, skills, and abilities related to the position.**
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com