Pipeline Engineer (PR-33917291)
- Supports the development of the detailed scope for multiple projects.
- Review and oversee the development of technical design packages for valve automation, pipeline design, corrosion mitigation systems, and state of the art leak detection technology-fiber optics.
- Use technical expertise and good judgement to make recommendations on material selection, perform calculations to ensure material selected is adequate for operating pressures.
- Ensure design packages meet Utility standards, internal guidelines, and industry standard best practices.
- Responsible for supporting construction activities for projects ranging from 2 to 4 miles in size. Support by managing and tracking changes. Exercise good judgement to support the decision-making process on the changes, identify and execute communication to key stakeholders when changes occur.
- Manage records associated to changes, effectively communicate the cost and schedule implications of the change to upper management.
- Support technical field activities such as reviewing technical documents in preparation for audits, supporting during gas handling, and hydrotest activities as needed.
- Key contributor to the scope, schedule, and cost management aspects associated to projects assigned.
- Work with an array of professionals in the fields of Land Management, Environmental, Supply Management, Permitting, and Gas Engineering.
- Collaborate with key professionals in support of definition of scope with safety, compliance, cost, and schedule in mind.
- Ensure key activities are complete to ensure project objectives are met.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholder to ensure tasks are complete per the project schedule.
- Communicate with key stakeholders to ensure commitments are met. Add key activities and durations when identified to ensure they are adequately tracked.
- Support the management of budgets for projects whose value range from $15-$50 million dollars.
- Responsible for providing direction to contractors and technical consultants to ensure key activities and deliverables are complete during the lifecycle of the project. Must be able to clearly define the objectives of tasks assigned, and set expectations for quality, and timeline.
- Stay abreast of the latest changes, trends and technological advancements in the industry through attendance at conferences and seminars, continuing education, literature, etc.
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com