LNG Construction Manager (PR-34161581)
The ideal candidate will be comfortable overseeing the entire operation of the construction site. They should be able to determine and address any risk areas in order to maintain the safety of workers. This candidate should be experienced in communicating project milestones with clients and other parties, and be able to establish a timeline for completion.
- Ensures the safety of personnel by taking direct preventive measures, participating effectively in weekly safety meetings and ensuring all related standards, rules and laws are followed.
- Must be able to communicate safety deficiencies directly to contractor.
- Candidate must be able to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications and be able to identify discrepancies or conflicts within the documents as well as in the field. They will also be expected to conduct and document observations of construction as it progresses.
- Communicates with project group concerning all aspects of construction.
- Coordinates outages between the plant operator and contractor.
- Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate Company standards and work methods including monitoring for adherence to design and ensuring productivity.
- Monitors current and future activities to ensure plans and schedules maximize productivity, control costs and meet or exceeds quality requirements.
- Conducts field measurements to confirm material quantities and drawing dimensions.
- Monitors the execution of contractor project activities to evaluate construction techniques in terms of quality, safety, timeline schedule and cost efficiencies.
- Performs reporting activities that monitor, track and detail site activities in areas of importance such as cost overruns, deviations in design, change order request, schedule and stakeholder issues.
- Monitors progress of site activities, evaluating tasks to eliminate waste, and recommends corrective actions to ensure the project remains within schedule and budget.
- Monitors construction and assembly activities ensuring they meet contract requirements.
- Records expended quantities of materials and services used on site; and forecasts needs to completion.
- Identifies non‐conforming work during construction activities and works with the contractor to address.
- Supports management in punch‐list definition, identifying remaining activities to be completed.
- Provides input based on lessons learned to the management team for the use in future project.
- Participates in meetings as requested by the management team
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com