Lead Electrical Construction Scheduler
* Develop a detailed construction plan that involves planned outages (shutdowns), construction phases, construction steps, material, and equipment requirements, lay down areas, and overall time schedule with final ready for load dates that align with the project plan.
* Must have ability to review substation design drawings and provide comments to engineering. Must be able to develop detailed construction sequence based on the design criteria. Must be able to provide construction input to the design team in order to identify potential construction issues such as the need for temporary facilities.
* Provide input to engineering in order to identify potential areas to implement safety by design. Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within assigned area.
* Attend site meetings and participate with project team to evaluate different engineering solutions, construction strategies, and project delivery strategies in order to deliver the project safely and efficiently.
* Understand collective bargaining agreements that could impact work plan delivery.
* Develop work plans that are aligned with safety standards, policies and processes in order to ensure that the execution of the work plans will promote a safe working environment and minimise risk for all staff. Collaborate with other groups to ensure system reliability, safety, and efficiency is demonstrated during large scale projects.
* Review health and safety plans for each specific project, inclusive of Project Hazard Assessment (PHA) for high hazard work practices.
* Demonstrate safety leadership during all site meetings and project discussions. Lead by example and ensure safety is incorporated into all aspects of the project and the daily job.
* Bachelor's degree or 5 to 8 years equivalent experience in the electricity construction management environment with 3 to 5 years in the utility management.
* Experience in substation construction with focus on construction methods, cost control, safety, environmental, quality and service, and performance. Demonstrated knowledge and application of Safety and Environmental rules.
* Ability to assess potential conflicts by reviewing construction drawings and provide solutions to the project team.
* Must be able to work in a cross functional role to develop a construction plan with inputs from the various operations groups, project management, engineering, and dispatch control room.
* Analytic Thinking: Sees relationships between work plans, safety issues, constructability, and spend vs. efficiency reports identifying several likely causes or consequences of a situation.
There is no Per Diem offered; please apply if you see fit and feel free to send to others who may be interested.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.