IT Systems Engineer Specialist (015242)
We have a current opportunity for a IT Software Systems Engineer Specialist on a temporary basis. The position will be based in Richmond, VA and requires SCADA experience. Will be responsible for IT systems related to Control and Operations of the US critical energy infrastructure systems. For further information about this position please apply.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu
- 3+ years of related experience required
- Operating systems knowledge and experience desired in Windows, VMWare, and Linux
- Experience with common programming and scripting languages (C, C#.Net, PowerShell, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience desired in Windows workstations
- Database administration and security experience
- ICS communication protocols such as ICCP, DNP3, Conitel, SEL Fast messaging, Modbus/RTU, and Modbus/TCP
- SCADA and DCS configuration & RTU and RTAC configurations
- Administers, improves, designs, configures, develops, tests, and maintains control system related software including controlling functions, monitoring and situational awareness, and marketing functions.
- Monitors and mitigates cyber events.
- May also inspect, test, and maintain control system networks including servers, workstations, firewalls, data acquisition systems and peripheral equipment.
- Manages entire system to support compliance requirements with effective evidence to validate completed work requirements.
- Works from specifications to develop or modify moderately complex software programming applications and information systems.
- Assists with the design, coding, benchmark testing, security, debugging, and documentation of programs.
- Works with multiple business units, infrastructure, cyber/physical security groups on specific project assignments.
- Guides and advises less experienced Software Systems Engineers.
- Requires guidance in complex problem areas.
- Errors may cause electrical grid/pipeline reliability disruption, delay in operations, safety of personnel and public, environmental exposure, damage to facilities and physical harm, regulatory non-compliance, and expense.
- Manages system to meet or exceed the five 9s reliability model.
- Supports 24x7 callout rotations
Additional Responsibilities May Include:
- Modeling generating units within an enterprise class GMS (Generation Management System)
- Programming and modifying calculations used to accurately transmit data or signals to/from the GMS
- Configuring and modifying alarms for the GMS
- Developing and maintaining GMS displays to internal client specifications
- Administering and supporting proprietary GMS software components and applicable updates
- Maintaining and supporting proprietary databases
- Developing and maintaining documentation and/or job aids
- Participates in project meetings to establish timeline, work steps, change management, and other critical project items
These important IT systems are governed by NERC (National Electrical Reliability Corporation) High-Impact requirements, PHMSA (Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration), NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission), FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission), DOT (Department of Transportation), and other state/local requirements. The systems support the safe and reliable operations of the BES (bulk electrical system), electric generation, and electrical/gas distribution systems that feed consumers of various energy sources.
Additional Role Details:
- Contract Duration: 12 months (opportunity to extend)
- Hybrid Work Schedule: 1 week on-site, 1 week remote
- Targeted Start Date: November 2022
- Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, PTO
*This Company does NOT offer VISA transfer or sponsorship
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com