Geographic Information System Project Specialist (PR-33914273)
- The responsibilities include executing projects for clients from several departments to deliver Geographic Information System (GIS) based solutions for data conversion, mapping, analysis, and other related tasks.
- The position will coordinate with the Supervisor to ensure the business unit is meeting the customer's needs, with a specific focus on maintaining my clients telecommunication fiber assets in a GIS framework.
- Supports fiber network using OSPInsight to maintain as-built details, focused on Outside Plant components and includes researching necessary documentation for input and correction of data.
- Compiles, integrates, edits, and maintains spatial data from a variety of sources for inclusion in our Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Supports external telecom customers with mapping, data requests, data analysis, data conversion, and other related tasks.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and construction map
- The GIS Specialist will map out all the fiber work for my client. This contingent employee will be helping reduce the workload as the fiber industry/requirements increase. In non-technical terms, the work being may look like the following. With the use of geometric mapping the GIS employee takes from the building to the switch 9 where it then moved over to switch 22 then goes to the box before going back to switch 14 then to the end client. Therefore, the preference is someone with working geometric map experience/fiber experience.
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com