Generation Civil Designer (015172)
We have a current opportunity for a Generation Designer on a temporary basis for 12 months. The position will be based in Richmond, VA. For further information about this position please apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General structural/civil design support for the Power Generation generating stations
- Preparation and review of structural or civil drawings in support of various power station engineering projects
- Develop structural framing layouts and detailed framing connection details.
- Preparation and review of structural/civil drawing standards for Power Generation Engineering department
- Develop topographical and plan and profile drawings from surveying notes/data
- Perform site investigations as required
- Provide construction support as required
- Review and comment on Vendor or Architect/Engineer drawing submittals
- Maintain structural/civil drawing records
- Minimum of 5 years of relative experience desired
- Work in a team environment as a team member
- Thorough knowledge of structural/civil engineering design drafting principles
- Knowledge of applicable regulations, related codes, and standards
- Knowledge of American Concrete Institute's ACI Detailing Manual and American Institute of Steel Construction's Detailing for Steel Construction
- Familiarity with surveying principles and techniques
- Ability to plan and schedule work independently
- Strong MicroStation skills.
- Strong AutoCAD skills.
- Strong math skills including geometry and trigonometry required to perform calculations as required
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-developed and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in ProjectWise drawing file management system (preferred)
*This company does not offer visa, transfer, or sponsorship.*
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com