Field Safety Specialist (PR-33915570)
Progressive Global Energy is recruiting for a team of Field Safety Specialists to support Brownfield and some Greenfield construction for Utility Distribution projects. The Field Safety Specialists will be working for a large Power & Utility Company supporting projects across the state of Georgia. We are looking for local candidates to these areas: Alpharetta, Athens, Atlanta & Metro Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Jonesboro, Macon, Rome, Savannah, Smyrna, Valdosta. Safety Specialists will be assigned one region that is close to their home base so they may be "local" and home each night. Mileage will be paid for site travel in the field so candidates must have reliable transportation.
This is a full-time, Monday-Friday 40 hour week contract position that will be written for 6 months, but likely anticipate to keep extending long-term due to extensive project load. We work to support our contract employees with finding their next contract with our other clients if for some reason this position were to end at the 6 month mark. We offer competitive hourly rates with any overtime paid at time and a half, and full benefits to our contract employees (medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, etc.).
Field Resource Safety Specialist Job Description:
- Field observations: be the "extra set of eyes"
- Identify any training needs
- Communicate findings effectively with crews and supervisors
- Ability to foster a working relationship with crew members and built crew trust
- Utilize experience to mentor colleagues on the "why" of safety regulations
- Share specifics about experiences with incidents seen that may alter an employee's life, their family member, teammates etc.
- Strong communications skills (verbally and in written form) are required
- Working knowledge of Distribution line work
- Ability to identify unsafe work behaviors
- Knowledge of primary and secondary grounding
- Knowledge of cover-up
- Knowledge of MAD (Minimum Approach Distance)
- Knowledge of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com