Engineering Technologist (PR-33898524)
We are looking to add an Engineering Technologist to the team to provide support on work orders, work with customers, and support on projects varying from residential to commercial to industrial in the Charlotte, NC Area. Role asks for technical expertise to accurately analyze complex options and prepare complex distribution facility designs for residential, commercial, and industrial projects, and leadership skills to manage work in a specific area of expertise, with minimal supervision.
- Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently
- Design electric distribution facilities and circuit construction projects across a wide geographic area including downtown underground projects, extra facility projects, high profile projects, highway relocation projects, and other projects requiring the highest reliability
- Prepares site drawings, construction drawings, calculations, easements, and any other required documentation for complex installations of electrical distribution facilities
- Prepares project and job packages including material estimates and material requisitions of the materials required for complex distribution system electrical designs both single phase and three phase
- Properly apply company/client reliability principals to accurately evaluate voltage, loading, and reliability on electric distribution circuits including complex outage analysis and follow-up
- Evaluate loading of various equipment components and circuitry or fusing to allow for system expansion ensuring a cost-effective, safe, and reliable design
- Maintain accurate records and files and update the appropriate company/client systems including updating technical client databases
- Develops relationships with key internal and external customers, builders, developers, electricians, other utilities, and city officials as needed in the execution of client job responsibilities
- Supports both company and client's business goals and expectation while representing themselves both positively and professionally
- Ability to serve as one of the departmental leads to assist with training and providing technical support for other engineering classifications
- Ability to provide advanced expertise to recognize and resolve complex problems, assist in interpreting codes, standards, regulations, requirements, and guidelines
- Project Types: Residential subdivisions (10 lots) Apartments and multi-family single services, Single and 3 phase commercial (600 Amp), Area lighting and street lighting jobs and upgrades (10 fixtures), Single customer conversions OH/UG, and Resolution of individual customer complaints or House moves.
- 2+ years of experience as an Engineer/Engineering Technologist/Engineering Specialist in a relatable field (includes internships)
- B.S. in engineering technology OR associate degree in engineering technology OR 6+ years of equivalent experience without degree.
- Experience in an Engineering Technologist/Specialist or similar role within Distribution is preferred
- Proven competency in all aspects of the Distribution Specialist roles
- Understanding of basic electricity and power quality
- Knowledge of Distribution construction standards and methods
- Thorough understanding of Electric Distribution materials, work procedures, and work dependencies is preferred
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of higher-level analysis programs and tools is preferred
- Knowledge of electrical engineering, engineering degree is desirable but not essential
- Proficient with enterprise asset management systems software - Maximo, Smallworld, and GIS
- BOUD experience is a plus
- Effective oral and written communication skills
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com