Engineering Technologist (015283)
Progressive Global Energy is recruiting for an Engineer or Engineering Technologist who will be responsible for quality reviews on designs/drawings for both internal and external customers for a Large Power & Electric Utility and Renewable Energy Company based in North Carolina. Projects consist of, but are not limited to: DOT lines, Design Connections for Solar Generation, large facility/commercial development (well-known company names) and general design engineering excluding residential.
This position will be working from home/remote full-time. We are looking for candidates within driving distance (2-3 hours) of Winston-Salem to Durham, North Carolina area with Greensboro being the central location to attend a monthly team meeting as needed. Occasionally site visits are available for employees wanting to get outdoors and gain field experience.
The work schedule is flexible, and you can choose a 9/80 schedule meaning you'll work 9 hour days and get every other Friday off. OR a 4/10 schedule meaning you'll work 10 hour days and get every Friday off. OR you can work Monday through Friday 8 hour days.
This is a long-term, one year contract position that will go direct hire after one year or continue to extend longer as the current workload was prompted by capital funding this year with an anticipated project workload to double over the next couple of years. We offer competitive hourly rates with overtime to our contract employees with full benefits(medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO). If site visits are required candidates will be reimbursed for travel or provided per diem.
- Experience in an Engineer, Engineering Tech, Designer or similar role within Distribution or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of electrical engineering, engineering degree is desirable but not essential
- Projects are mainly overhead Distribution
- Proficient with enterprise asset management systems software - Maximo, Smallworld, and GIS
- BOUD experience is a plus
- Strong communication; able to establish and maintain successful communication with all stakeholders at various levels - work successfully with internal Project Managers
- Ability To Plan, analyze, organize, and implement several projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Proven ability to collaborate efficiently with teams consisting of other drafters, designers and engineers
- Ability to prepare and/or review technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations, drawings, and sketches whenever needed
- Must be a motivated, self-driven individual with a passion for the work
- Will consider entry-level graduates if posses the aptitude and willingness to learn
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com