Engineering Technical Specialist (030114)
Location: Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Job Type: Contract
Seeking a contract Engineering Technical Specialist for a top utility company in Columbia, SC. Starting as 1 year contract, opportunity to convert to full time.
- Responsible for analyzing, evaluating, and confirming Traceable and Verifiable records necessary to support Maximum Allowable Operation Pressures for natural gas and hazardous liquid carrying pipelines and their appurtenances to ensure compliance with Code of Federal Regulations Title 49, Parts 192 and 195.
- Record review evaluates pipeline and appurtenance related records that support compliance and pipeline integrity management program needs.
- Plans and conducts analysis and evaluation of asset management, as it pertains to 49 CFR Parts CFR 192 and 195 compliance and their associated mitigation efforts.
- Identifies and utilizes standard techniques and procedures to verify pipeline system records and compliance needs and requirements.
- Implements technology within the engineering field and applies engineering theories to evaluate and support the designing and planning of construction and validation work by Engineering and Operational teams.
- Interacts with various stakeholders to assist with project planning and to support the development of project budgets by providing GIS, Drawing and Records support.
- Engineering Degree (ABET Accredited) or 2 year degree required
- Able to operate AutoCAD without assistance
- Basic understanding of electrical concepts
- Experience with interpreting technical drawings (IE: wiring diagrams, one lines, etc.) is a plus
- 1-3 years related work experience is a plus
- Experience in gas industry is a plus
Required Soft Skills:
- Effective oral, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, but knows when to get others involved
- Strong willingness to learn
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com