Engineer I, II, III (PR-33935182)
Dominion's Electric Transmission (ET) System Protection Engineering department is seeking motivated Engineers from entry level to experienced, to support the Company's evolving transmission grid. Primary responsibility is to develop and maintain transmission line impedance data in the Mutual Impedance Studies (MIS) system based on transmission line construction documentation. Will be a key part of the group's goal to complete projects safely, accurately, and punctually. A strong focus on end-user/customer engagement and support within Power Delivery is critical to successful execution of the job function.
- Develop, calculate, and maintain transmission line impedance data.
- Review transmission one-line drawings and phasing diagrams to ensure agreement and accuracy.
- Review related lines in the Right of Way (ROW) using Geographical Information System (GIS) for each segment of the MIS system to confirm that segments are shown accurately per the System Protection Engineering guidelines. Confirm that the same mutual group carry across all the lines in a ROW segment.
- Review the MIS and transmission one-line drawings to ensure radial taps are accurately represented in MIS.
- Work collaboratively with system planning, and the SOC to ensure impedance data is accurately represented in the short circuit models, planning models, and EMS models.
- Assist in the research and development of a system to utilize high fidelity system measurements to validate calculated impedance.
- Resolve discrepancies between various line impedance data sets.
- Perform other duties, as requested, or assigned.
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com