Electrical Utility Meter Tech
Electrical Utility Meter Technician
We are seeking a Meter Field Technician (tech) to join our Program in Augusta, Maine and the surrounding service territory. The duration of this contract will be six months contract-to-hire (very high likelihood)
- Education & Experience: Associate degree in Electrical Technology or equivalent experience of 2+ years professional experience in installing, testing, trouble-shooting revenue meters; Ability to pass Meter Tech A or B exam preferred but not required
- Test Equipment: Use of any of the following is preferred: Birddog, Portable Alpha, Optical Systems, 505 Analyzer, Power mate, Single Point Test Kit
- Thorough understanding of vector analysis pertaining to transformer rated metering installations
- Must have and maintain a valid, State of Maine driver's license in good standing
- Proven capability to us a PC to accurately program and interrogate electronic meters and to complete reports
- Must have a solid understanding of the National Electric Code (NEC)
- Responsible for Installation, change-out, site analysis, removal, programming, repairing and troubleshooting of all metering at Distribution Systems, Transmission and Generating Systems. (Including usage concern tests)
- Test and maintain locations utilizing Transducers & SCADA equipment
- Collaborate and coordinate with other company personnel to assure continuity of job completion and deal courteously with all customers
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of vector analysis pertaining to transformer rated metering installations, analyze results and recommend changes as required
Please pass this along to other interested individuals.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.