Electrical Engineer - I&C Design (015119)
Progressive Global Energy is recruiting for Electrical Engineers with Instrumentation & Control (I&C) experience for the Brunswick Nuclear Plant in Southport, NC for a major Power Utility & Energy Company. The engineer will perform design engineering work for electrical and I&C projects within the engineering organization. The I&C engineering work may include digital and software focused items. Current qualification at a nuclear utility as a Modification Engineer under an INPO Accredited Program and knowledge of Passport or Consolidated Asset Suite for design and work order development is highly desirable. Experience in Operations is also desirable. Selected candidate will act as the Lead Technical and/or Responsible Engineer for assigned projects and in a support capacity on other project teams. Modification engineering training will be provided prior to working independently.
This is a full-time, long-term contract position that will be written for 12 months for per diem purposes and will keep extending or go direct hire with the Power/Energy company. Engineers will work a 4/10 schedule (10 hour days 4 days per week with every Friday off). Hybrid work is allowed with 2 days working from home, and 2 days in the plant/office. Some in-field may be required for walkdowns, outages, and when preparing for modifications. Per diem will be provided 7 days per week as non-taxable income at $140 per day for non-local candidates. Any candidates that chose to make the commute will receive half per diem ($70) on a days-worked-only basis. We offer competitive hourly rates with overtime at time and a half. Full benefits are provided to contract employees (medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401k, etc.)
Responsibilities will include design package development, developing conceptual designs and specifications for bidding purposes, evaluating alternatives, technical support during implementation, setpoint development, coordination of design efforts with selected vendors/AEs/designer and conducting design package reviews. Design products related to major digital controls system replacements, software evaluations, instrument component upgrades, and control circuits are expected to be developed. Individual will be required to qualify in the necessary duty areas to act independently as a Responsible Engineer for modifications within the company with past qualifications and product demonstration from other utilities as an acceptable alternative. Lastly, the individual will be expected to exhibit sound technical judgment and guidance to the project team.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or equivalent work experience
- Engineering experience in the nuclear industry with experience in digital hardware/software modifications.
- Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear facility (General Employee Training, Radiation Worker Training, Security Clearance checks and subject to the site's Fitness for Duty Program)
- Strong oral/written communication skills within a professional environment
- Skilled in the practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations, and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Registration/Licensure as a Professional Engineer
- Digital/I&C engineering experience at Brunswick Nuclear Plant
- Working knowledge of digital upgrade specific licensing requirements and current 10CFR73.54 Cyber Security Requirements
- Experience developing digital/software modification test plans
- Experience in the 10CFR50.59 with respect to designing modifications to a nuclear facility.
Various Upcoming Projects:
- Radio project: replacing base unit and handhelds and will be moving to a new frequency. For this particular project candidates with telecommunications engineering experience would be a great fit.
- Traditional I&C projects: redoing circuit design, motion separators and heat exchange, replacing air operator value positions
- Digital projects: replacing spent fuel and waste improvements, feedwater is controlled digitally and seeking something more modern/different platform, plant process computer.
- Some circuit design work is needed such as residual heat and shut/down cooling
- AVR modification project -need electrical design help
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com