Electrical/CAD Design Engineer - Substation (010057)
We have an opportunity in Richmond, VA for an CAD Admin/Designer with experience in the physical design of electrical substations and/or CAD file storage. Will be responsible for managing drawings & designs as well as making sure files/designs are stored properly. This role will be supporting Substations Standards group and requires CAD experience.
- 3 to 10 years of experience
- Admin CAD experience
- Prepare and review substation documents and drawings to be issued for construction, typically these include:
- One-line diagram
- Substation general arrangement
- Elevations and details
- Conduit and Foundation plan
- Cable schedule
- Ground grid plan
- Bill of materials
- Collaborate with other disciplines to complete grading plan, steel structures and bus design.
- Participation in site visits to support the construction group and/or asset owners
- Understanding and hands on experience of MicroStation
- Good team player, along with strong communication skills
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Contract Duration: 12 months (contract-to-hire)
- Hybrid Work Schedule: Mondays & Fridays (Remote); Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays (In Office)
- Targeted Start Date: October 2022
- Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Per Diem(if eligible)
*This Company does NOT offer VISA transfer or sponsorship
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com