EFIN Engineer (PR-33900167)
During Construction and Testing, the responsibilities of an EFIN Engineer are:
- Lead troubleshooting of testing deficiencies and nonconformances.
- Manage design authority priorities to support project schedules.
- Interface with on- and off-site subcontractors and vendors to drive completion of corrective actions.
- Project management for issues in support of testing and equipment recovery.
After the start of Commercial Operations, the responsibilities of an EFIN Engineer include:
- Serve as the engineering point of contact during execution week of the online work week schedule and provide resolution of online engineering holds
- Develop emergent design change packages in support of scheduled work activities, operational issues from the Daily Plant Status Report, or other emergent work sources
- Generate item equivalency evaluations, commercial change packages, design equivalent change packages, and temporary modifications
- Support the Planning Department by responding to emergent questions, assisting with unique field activities, or other similar requests
- Perform system engineer duties for select tier three systems.
- Supports Operations and Maintenance in system troubleshooting and recommended course of action for significant or complex plant problems.
- Be part of the Emergency Response Organization
- BS in Engineering from an ABET accredited program required
- Electrical Engineer degree preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) license desired
- Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) license or certification is a plus
- Minimum eight (8) years of engineering related experience preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of nuclear plant experience preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of design change package development experience preferred
- Experience with system/component complex troubleshooting and development of systematic cause analyses highly preferred
- Capable of working efficiently, effectively, and respectfully across organizations: EFIN engineers will coordinate with peers across departments to resolve complex issues. It is expected that they will be respectful and professional in every interaction
- Assumes personal responsibility for individual and team success
- Communicates effectively in oral and written applications
- Able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously in an organized manner
- Adaptive to change: The assigned scope of EFIN work is expected to vary each week. In addition to emergent work requests, non-core activities may be assigned for EFIN engineers to help drive completion
- Detailed knowledge of plant procedures and regulations in assigned area
- Detailed knowledge of plant systems and processes
- Working knowledge of computer software programs supporting assigned area
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com