Distribution Project Manager (PR-33988901)
An immediate need for a Distribution Project Manager to support a program consisting of a combination of small to moderate size transmission, substation, and communication projects in the distribution space (2.4kV to 34.5kV). The Project Manager will manage, direct, and coordinate all aspects of the work related to the engineering, permitting, construction, and capitalization of multiple concurrent low voltage overhead transmission line, substation, and communication equipment improvement projects. The Distribution Project Manager will report directly to the Lead Project Manager and is responsible for cost management of the individual projects, the successful completion of the projects within the specified dates and establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the Owner, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and any other project stakeholders.
Major responsibilities for the Project Manager will include:
- Provide overall management of projects from development, construction and closeout including siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout.
- Must have prior low voltage experience (2.4kV to 34.5kV)
- Maintain clear lines of communication and relationships between project site, project office and clients.
- Drive project schedules and manage scope
- Maintain detailed, accurate project cost forecasts and accruals
- Develop and implement project policies and procedures, establish project controls systems, and implement the project execution plan
- Work closely with the Project Team to confirm deliverables and services are being provided to client's satisfaction
- Report regularly to the Lead Project Manager on construction progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring home office support
*This is a 6-month contract to hire opportunity*
**Other office locations besides Akron include, Greensburg, PA and Morristown, NJ
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com