Distribution Construction Engineer (500112)
We have an opportunity for a Distribution Construction Engineer with electrical distribution line experience.
Will be responsible for planning, maintenance, design engineering, project management, construction, and operations (routine, non-routine, emergency restoration) of projects. Project areas may include grid/system design, operations and maintenance, planning, asset management, reliability, computer applications, safety, and root cause failure analysis.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Discipline from ABET accredited college or university (Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil)
- Experience in an engineering discipline required
- Distribution Line experience required; Power Systems experience preferred
- Experience in scoping/design/construction contracts/scheduling/cost tracking/progress reporting/strong matrix organization for safety purposes related to both internal and external customers
- Experience with construction distribution design packages preferred, including design standards
- Knowledge of adherence to resiliency and grid modernization standards, local laws, state and national agencies, obligations required by policies, procedures, and specifications
- Experience in Right or Way and Vegetation groups with project deliverables as needed
- Process-driven, good interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills
- Work on site daily
- Perform scoping/design/engineering activities throughout the stage gate process, including assisting with the preparation of construction contracts, construction schedules, cost tracking, progress reporting and project team coordination within a strong matrix organization to facilitate safe construction of facilities for both internal and external customers
- Perform technical reviews of distribution design packages issued for construction
- Establishing the sequenced schedule duration's outage, coordination, preparing construction estimates, identifying resources (internal or contract), development and preparation of contractual agreements for necessary resources, commitment to fostering, encouraging, and policing all safety measure, performing quality assurance and control, verifying and processing of invoices, completion of as-builts, and project closeout
- Assist Design Engineering, Right of Way and Vegetation groups with project deliverables, on an as needed basis.
- Providing engineering field technical support to distribution line construction crews
- Ensuring adherence to Resiliency and Grid Modernization standard, as well as laws of the local, state, and national agencies and all obligations required by policies, procedures, specifications
- Provides monthly accrual updates
- Identification of safety hazards, the elimination/mitigation of hazards on projects, environmental stewardship, development of project scopes, development of project estimates, development of construction sequence plans, development of project schedules, performing constructability review, tracking/receiving materials and equipment, requesting contract proposals, identifying and initiating environmental compliance tactics, coordination of schedules, outage identification/coordination, deficiency resolution, quality assurance, reporting cost, issue resolution, and closure of projects
- The engineer's time allotment is comprised of three major categories:
- Support of the capital work management process @ 40%
- Compilation of the project and construction execution plan and associated activities @ 40%
- Field inspection for scoping and determining check and adjustments for a successful project completion @ 20%
*This Company does NOT offer VISA transfer, sponsorship, or relocation to United States
**Progressive Recruitment has provided a pay range representing its good faith estimate of what is reasonably expected to be paid for the position. The pay offered to the selected candidate will be based on several factors including (but not limited to) our client's offer, the candidate's current experience, education, skills, and abilities related to the position.**
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com