Controls Engineer (PR-33914254)
POSITION: Controls Engineer
TARGET START DATE: 08/08/2022
LOCATION - Savannah, GA.
40 hours a week - Monday through Friday
room for overtime paid 1.5
Pay is depended on experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the design and installation of electrical/electronic equipment including electrical power distribution systems, PLC's, instrumentation, variable speed AC and DC drives.
- Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles.
- Writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, as they relate to a continuous operation process.
- Ensure electrical projects are properly scheduled on PMD's and help develop a good electrical/electronic preventative maintenance system.
- Perform design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications for electrical and electronic PLC's.
- Periodically investigate and make an analysis of electrical or electronic based problems associated with the production operations and take the appropriate action to correct these problems.
- Develop capital project scope of works and create detailed funding requests for assigned projects.
- Direct the work of outside contractors and maintenance staff during project installations.
- Assist and train maintenance, production, and other employees as needed with technical or troubleshooting related matters.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering coupled with 3-5 years of experience in an industrial continuous process manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency with Allen Bradley PLC software (RSLogix 5000 and legacy software)
- Experience with Allen Bradley PowerFlex variable frequency drives
- Expertise focused on electrical components, electrical power distribution systems, PLC's, instrumentation, and variable speed AC and DC drives.
- PLC's experience in defining, designing, installing and maintaining control logic systems and equipment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., without current or future requirements for sponsorship of an employment-based visa status.
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Progressive please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com