Automation Technician II
Location: Greeley, Colorado, United States
Sectors: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Contract
I am looking for an Automation Technician II with the following: (I/E TECHS with similar experience can apply)
- 8+ years Instrumentation, Controls, Electrical experience
- 5+ years of Oil & Gas experience (owner operator upstream experience preferred)
- Must have technical and working knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLCs, SCADA, telemetry/radio communications, computer network systems.
Here's what you'll get in return:
- Stable contract with a reputable Oil and Gas Upstream Owner Operator
- COMPETITIVE hourly rate with benefits and a 401k
- Excellent working schedule
Also will need experience:
- Can independently perform pre-commissioning and commissioning for new instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Must be familiar with troubleshooting VFD's, LACT and Metering skid process skids, MCC and Distribution/Lighting Panels, PLC and low voltage panel wiring, and HVAC controls.
- Must be familiar and demonstrate experience with various process calibration requirements for static pressure, differential pressure, level, temperature elements and transmitters for both liquid and gaseous measurement.
- Performs annual shutdown tests, inspections, maintenance on critical equipment safety and DOT devices. These include fire and gas safety systems, shutdown valves, and various pipeline related appurtenances.
- Must be able to efficiently interpret P&ID's, one-line diagrams, loop sheets, and control system schematics.
- Able to proficiently use various multi-meter and testing/troubleshooting devices.
- Experience with pneumatic and I/P control maintenance.
- Must be familiar with NEC, API RP500, and general electrical construction means and methods to provide site inspections, final installation sign-off, and documentation for pre-startup safety review meetings.