Supply Chain Engineer (PR-34082785)
Job description - Supply Chain Engineer DSM
Purpose of the position
To optimize reliability, efficiency and effectiveness of the global flows of goods and information from raw material stock until delivery to the customer.
To optimize the SCM processes by analyzing existing processes, proposing improvements including process redesign and implementing the changes.
Develop new tools to further optimize the Supply Chain flows.
The Supply Chain Engineer reports to the SCM Strategy & Planning Manager Enzymes but works to improve the overall performance of DFS Supply Chain Management. Focus is on the planning side of SCM but projects in OTC can happen as well.
Focus of the role is to enable improvement and drive harmonization where possible across product lines.
The engineer will manage and execute projects in close cooperation with the Planning function in all product lines, Finance, Purchasing, Logistics, Product management, Manufacturing and Customer Service and Sales.
Close cooperation and alignment with all functions is vital for this role.
Key areas of accountability/responsibility
1. Optimize Performance Management and the transparency in order to improve DFS Supply Chain
- Designing and implementing new KPI's and optimizing the existing ones;
- Analyzing the performance of supply chain processes and identify improvement areas;
- Reporting on global supply chain processes, such as: delivery reliability, complaints, stock developments, stock composition, planning strategies etc.
2. Contribute to the yearly supply chain improvement plan as well as the supply chain strategy, and support the planning team with implementing defined improvements.
3. Implement and execute models for managing the inventory by analyzing and defining inventory priorities, calculating normative stock levels, providing insight in inventory development, indicates stocks at risk.
4. Support the company roadmap to improvement in Supply Chain metrics as defined by the senior leadership team.
5. Contribute to ensuring globally standardized Supply Chain processes/procedures in compliance with corporate requirements.
6. Provides training and support to global Supply Chain offices to assure they maintain maximum effectiveness.
7. Ensure that the systems/ tools used by planning teams across the world are correctly used and maintained.
8. Develops new tools which will help to increase the effectiveness of the planning processes.
9. Support/ lead projects that drive the development of the Supply Chain function both in terms of SCM excellence and Customer Centricity.
Complexity of the position
- Several market segments (Baking, Fresh Dairy, Cheese, Brewing, Fruit, Oils and Fats, Wine, Plant Based, Beverages Other, Savory) are served and all have different dynamics, requirements and production processes. Good understanding of the defined businesses is essential to drive improvements;
- Wide range of subjects throughout the global supply network from demand and supply planning, network optimization, inventory management, to master data, raw material sourcing, tolling;
- Interaction with many different stakeholders from all market segments, regions, departments and levels is required e.g. manufacturing, business management, quality assurance, finance, technology. Must be able to understand and connect to different type of people at different levels in the organization;
- Global scope to be managed: cultural differences, time differences included;
- Many internal and external parties involved in the process: regular alignment with various sites and other departments is required as no hierarchical relation exists;
- Work with complex tooling: complex end-to-end planning environment, from demand planning to production scheduling. Multiple systems require discipline from many people working in the same system to maintain an accurate global planning;
- Complex international and volatile environment, which requires highly adaptive thinking;
- Managing multiple projects/ initiatives at the same time.
- Stepping up on ad hock requests, good understanding on a high level of the business case to be executed
Knowledge & Educational level
- Master or Bachelor education in relevant field (or comparable experience);
- Know how on business processes;
- Knowledge of the food industry;
- Knowledge of best-in-class Supply Chain Management concepts and processes;
- Knowledge of Inventory Management and Optimization;
- Knowledge of continuous improvement concepts (LEAN, Six Sigma);
- Advanced Knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Power BI, Power Point and Access);
- Knowledge of reporting systems and tools.
Required level of experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Supply Chain Management related position in an industrial environment;
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP, OMP);
- Experience with project management;
- Experience with Lean / Six Sigma/ TPM at yellow-belt level or equivalent;
- Experience with working in multinational environment;
- Experience in the food industry operations/processes is preferred.