Senior Software Engineer (PR-33335171)
Location: Leiden, South Holland, Netherlands
Job Type: Permanent
For an international organisation in Leiden, I am currently looking for an experienced software developer.
The company is a rapid-growing software provider that is operating internationally in US, Europe and Asia Pacific. This role focuses on improving the CBS C-software and adding new functionality.
Additional responsibilities are Continuous Integration, keeping the development environments up to date and delivering software releases
As a software developer you will be busy:
- Design, code, and test multiple modules of a system in a timely manner.
- Uses industry-standard programming techniques to translate requirements and designs into code.
- Analyze and solve problems in existing systems.
- Assists in developing and interpreting requirements.
- Participates in unit, system, and acceptance testing.
- Participates in major architectural reviews and plans.
- Plans and participates in load, capacity, and performance analysis and/or testing.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science-related discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 5 - 10 years of relevant working experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with C programming language and related development tools is required
- Experience with (PostgreSQL) databases is preferred
- Excellent experience with Linux and scripting
- Knowledge of SVN is preferred
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, proactiveness, strength, and willingness to work in an international environment
- Strong team player in an agile development environment
- Competitive salary.
- A challenge in an international and innovative organisation.
- The opportunity to accelerate your career towards software architecture.
- A good benefits package with retirement pension, disability pension, and insurance.
- 25 days off with the possibility to buy or sell holidays.
- Access to resources and a learning path within the organisation.
Do you want to know more about the software developer position, apply online or contact me by sending your CV to s.pham @ progressive-nl.com or call 020 530 5800