Electronics Engineer | R&D | Lighting (PR-34056317)
Light! What do we do without it? We experience light outside from the sun and inside from our lamps. Especially sunlight is very important to our health. Unfortunately, since we are mostly working from our cosy homes and offices, we don't receive all the benefits that sunlight can provide.
Do you want to be a part of the solution? Our client Seaborough is developing new light-based solutions to improve human health and well-being. Are you our new (Senior) Electronics Engineer who builds our research devices and prototypes? We accept international candidates.
Seaborough invents, develops, and commercialises ground-breaking innovations for the lighting industry and beyond. The company runs several long-term research and development projects in collaboration with world leading research institutes and universities.
Together with universities, they do research at the forefront of light and health. In a multidisciplinary team, you will take care of the electronics engineering. You will be up to the challenge of developing the devices that can be used in various research projects, as well as assisting in prototype and product development for commercial applications.
- You own the process of developing devices that can be used in scientific studies. You will gather information from all stakeholders (internal and external) to come up with a complete specification. From there, you design, test and build devices that meet the requirements. A hands-on challenge!
- You will take part in our prototype and product development projects, by brainstorming about possible technical solutions and translating requirements to a list of specifications that an external party can work with.
- As the team is small, we help each other with various projects and topics. This varies from performing optical measurements on our lamps, to brainstorming on trade names, and presenting our products to potential partners.
- You will collaborate with our internal (lab) staff and external researchers & engineers on current projects and new ideas. Share ideas and results, spark creativity and drill down on fundamental problems.
- Your work will lead to new intellectual property and manufacturing breakthroughs. You will contribute to intellectual property through technical inventions and patents.
We are looking for an (international) electronics engineer with several years of hands-on experience on low power applications, who is able to own and execute the process of designing, building and testing electronic solutions. You have experience in most of these topics:
- Analog & Digital circuits;
- Micro controllers (ARM controllers);
- Design of EMI filters;
- Design of low power converters (linear and switching);
- Embedded programming in C and C++ (Phyton is an advantage);
- Sensors (photodetectors, proximity, PIR, etc.).
- PCB design (in Altium Designer or KiCad)
- Simulation software (e.g. LTSPICE)
Next to your electronics skills, you are a good communicator and problem solver. You will be part of an interdisciplinary and multicultural team that works on ground breaking innovations that find application in devices ranging from lighting to consumer electronics, so a curious and flexible mindset is a must.
What can be offered
- Rewards: salary range between 60.000 and 70.000 yearly excluding a possible 13th month, market conform benefits and additional short-term and long-term incentives to share in the success of our company.
- A dynamic organisation full of ambition to make the world a better place.
- Relaxed working culture: If work can be done from home, then we encourage that. We value good coffee, have regular fun activities, and use our ping-pong table a lot.
- Multicultural environment: We are a team of more than 20 people and have our roots in more than 10 countries.
- Good location: Our light and spacious office building (incl. labs) is located at the Amsterdam Science park and is very well connected by public transportation.
- Personal growth and development: We will support you with coaching and training designed to help you develop your skills.
Interested in participating to a new ground-breaking innovation?
📞 +31 621 33 89 06
✉️ c.kramer @ progressive-nl.com