Data Engineer (PR-34101976)
The role will be within the Digital & Technology Group, located at the Janssen site in Leiden. The position will shape the technology strategy within the team and the site, focusing on data democratization, data modelling, advanced analytics, machine learning and visualization tools.
The successful candidate will strive to perform to high standards at all times, in compliance with the J&J Credo and Standards of Leadership. They will partner closely with local and global teams to ensure digital strategies are interpreted and implemented in an appropriate manner on the site. They will proactively promote Digital & Technology as a key tool for decision making, driving value for the business. To do so, they will have in-depth knowledge of lifecycle management of digital assets and be adept in business relationship management, ensuring Digital & Technology is meeting business requirements. They will challenge the status quo and drive improvement through suitable adoption of new technologies and improved approaches to operations.
- Perform data analysis and modelling on large data sets: analyse, clean, and summarise data using SQL, Python, or R
- Develop visualisation tools using BI tools such as Tableau and web application development package such as RShiny
- Present data analysis results and write technical summaries to drive product quality and safety related discussions.
- Automate processes, develop dashboards and solutions to address business needs.
- Provide modelling support for the business using tools
- Project management: manage multiple project timelines and deliver on customer needs.
- Sustain and improve complex workflows and Tableau visualisations for multiple customers.
- Communicate with customers to understand needs, develop data analytics proposals, and ensure needs are met according to project timelines.
- Partner with the Business Units to expand the use of data analytics and predictive insights.
- Expand and deepen data analytics and visualisation skills on site using tools such as Tableau.
- Drive efficiencies across the site through suitable adoption of new technologies.
Key Skills and Competencies required:
A Data Specialist with data story-telling ability and great attention to detail. An innovative, customer centric and results focused individual with excellent communication, project management and problem-solving skills. A strong decision maker who will partner with site functions and other Janssen/J&J sites and will consistently demonstrate integrity and Credo-based actions.
Education and Experience:
- Masters degree in engineering, mathematics, data science, or an IT field.
- Data Solutions Expert or related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of end-to-end data flows, data architecture and database structures; strong SQL skills
- Knowledge of data engineering techniques utilising Databricks to access Azure data.
- Good knowledge of visualization solutions such as Tableau
- Programming experience in Python or R.
- Proven ability to analyse, clean, and summarise large data sets.
- Ability to work individually or collaborate and operate as part of a team in highly interdependent environment is critical.
- Project Management skills
- Innovative with strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, strong customer focus
- Familiarity with JIRA
- Experience within a pharmaceutical or GMP regulated manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with SIMCA, SIMIO and NLP techniques
- Previous app development experience
- Good understanding of asset management/maintenance systems (ERP, CMMS) and S95 systems (Level 1, 2 and 3 such as MES PAS-X, OSI-PI, and IT infrastructure and hardware; Level 4 systems such as SAP, Quality Systems, Data warehouses, etc.)
For applications, please send me your most recent CV + Cover Letter to: j.vanbaalen(@)progressive-nl.com