Steel Bridge Design Engineer (PR-33871284)
Leading Japanese Construction Company
The successful candidate will be responsible for using their expertise as a bridge design engineer to create structural designs for building or restoring bridges, developing guidelines for structural repairs, preparing drafts according to project requirements, and providing technical support to different teams.
- Design of steel bridge structure, including exchange of road decks as a part of bridge renewal.
- Contribute to a team of engineers working on the design and assessment of bridges as per Japanese codes and construction standards.
- Check design and assessment calculations and review detailed drawings.
- Deliver project in accordance with quality, timescales and budget.
- Ensure technical competencies of self and team are kept up to date.
Successful Candidate Profile
- Graduate degree in Civil Engineering from an institute of repute and master's degree in Structural engineering or Bridge engineering.
- Overall Experience in the design of bridges and other highway-related structures.
- Prior experience in designing steel bridge structures OR experience in designing bridge renewal works.
- If a candidate has work experience either in engineering consultancies or in steel bridge manufacturers in the past, it will be preferably considered.
- Business level Japanese and English language skills
- Knowledge about Japanese civil engineering codes and construction standards
- A candidate, who possesses either of the following qualifications, will have a preferential treatment: Registered professional engineer (in construction) OR Registered Civil Engineering Consulting Manager (in steel structure and concrete）