IoT Field Engineer (PR-33947426)
We are looking for an experienced FSR who is accountable for installing, inspecting, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing customer equipment. FSR will maintain, retrofit, and provide technical support for all products, both in the shop and on site. Work on competitive equipment may also be part of the role.
Experienced FSR will share and provide technical instruction and guidance to relatively new FSR. She/He will perform warranty and recall work. Test circuits and equipment utilizing various tools and machines such as computers, software, workstations, circuit diagram, etc. Analyze malfunctions in equipment and interpret maintenance manuals, using knowledge of systems and electronics to isolate and correct issues.
What will you do?
- Define the architecture and accurate set of devices (gateways, communication agents,) in order to retrieve in an efficient and scalable way data coming out from the asset or concentration layers up to the IoT platform.
- Commission the IT/IOT portion of the digital services: coordination with other Field Services Engineers / EcoExpert / Subcontractors / Customer's staff
- Comply with Safety and cyber security policies, practices and procedures
- Perform Startup/Commissioning on products & possible competition equipment.
- Perform Preventive, scheduled and unscheduled Maintenance on equipment
- Analyze and interpret technical procedures, governmental regulations, different problems on our equipment and provide appropriated answer
- Analyze and explain reports results to customers and management
- Certification & accreditation could be required vs Business and Country regulations.
- Proactive participation to team collective initiatives & management meetings to achieve departmental and company goals (SIM1)
- Understand scope of work, respect time allocation to perform job and ensure full traceability (timesheet, change order etc..)
- Support planners, coordinators, project manager to get good customer site condition understanding
- Escalate quality or technical issue detected on field
- Understand Ecostruxure offer and provide technical explanation to customers
- Use all digital tools designed for FSR
- Track Installed Base (serviceable assets)
- Advise customers on different opportunities to optimize its install base and create lead generation business opportunities
- Perform basic audits of customer's electrical systems and equipment (MPS walktrough)
- Perform Field Services Operations by providing best in class customer experience and promote signature
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (engineering an advantage
- 4-5 years equivalent experience in a related field, or equivalent combinations of education and experience
- Proven relevant work experience in Operational Technology (Control system, RTU, Gateway, Energy Automation System) with a mandatory experience in Ethernet network. Industrial IoT is a plus
- Ability to adapt and perform in a fast moving and often-changing environment
- Passionate about emerging predictive and analytic technologies and knowledge of equipment communications protocols (TCP/IP, Modbus, IEC61850…)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates leadership ability through direct or cross functional team
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Aligns a strategy and enables results through others
- Interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Embrace an entrepreneurial mindset
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft office applications
- Work cross-functionally and manage day to day activities
- Intermediate English skill
- Personal qualities such as: self driven, autonomous, influential, perseverance, reliable, direct, curious and creative