Our ESG Impact
For over 30 years, we've connected the brightest STEM talent with the organisations at the forefront of some of the greatest advancements in human history. And the talented people we place today are continuing to solve some of the most complex challenges the world faces - tackling climate change, developing vaccines, and providing the technology used to educate the next generation.
We continue to evolve our approach to the environment, society and corporate governance (ESG) in line with UN Sustainable Development Goals under three key areas of focus: building a greener future, building an inclusive future, and building an ethical business for the future. We've made considerable progress against our goals and set ambitious targets to keep us focused on what we need to achieve in the years to come.
We recognise the importance of ensuring long-tern sustainability through concerted and transparent climate and environmental action. Our approach has been recognised through maintaing out CDP B score for the fifth consecutive year, consolidating our leadership position amongst internatonal staffing companies.
Our targets by 2024 (2019 baseline year) include;
- Reduce our emissions by 20%
- Procure 100% renewable energy across our portfolio,
- Reduce our business travel by at least 30%
- Prioritise low carbon travel options
- Remove single use plastics from our supply-chain
- Prioritise suppliers who share our values and ambitions
Whist we work to reduce our absolute emissions, we offset our full carbon footprint to ensure we are carbon neutral. Our role in overcoming the climate emergency facing the world is bigger than our own carbon reduction activities. We will source and nurture the talent needed to tackle climate change by doubling the share of our renewables business by 2024, delivering interventions that nurture and develop diverse talent to enter green careers and sourcing the talent needed across all industries to facilitate the low carbon transition.
You may read the impact report below to find out more. Not only do our ESG activities benefit local communities, regions and the planet, they also provide rewarding experiences for our employees and provide opportunities for individuals to grow and commit to something that matters to them.
SThree offers five day paid leave to its employees which they can use to participate ESG related activities and contribute to the local community. Over 685 employees have shared their skills during the last five years positively impacting over 3,635 beneficiaries.
Below are some of the examples of our local initiatives in Japan office:
- Through our partnership with African Science Academy (ASA), our office members raised funds to deliver a laptop to a girl in Ghana, which allowed her to pursue her passion to studying science and physics.
- Took part in a 500km charity bike ride organised by The Knights in White Lycra (KIWL). This was to raise fund for children living in an orphanage.
- We occasionally organise fundraisers to support Children's Cancer Association Japan (CCAJ).
- Christmas food drive to support Second Harvest Japan, a local food bank.
In 2019, we were awarded as "Best CSR Initiative" by Recruitment International Awards.