VM Ware Specialist
Systems Specialist (VMWare) - 3 month contract - Port Melbourne
Progressive, in partnership with one of our clients, a leader in the automotive industry, are actively on the lookout for a mid-level Systems Specialist (VMWare) who has demonstrable experience in overseeing the implementation of a number of IT Infrastructure projects.
The purpose of this position is for the Systems Specialist (VMWare) to be primarily responsible for a particular project of work which involves a migration of the companies virtual VMWare Servers from an existing environment into a newer environment. You will also be involved in other cloud infrastructure projects where required.
Role: Systems Specialist (VMWare)
Location: Port Melbourne
Tenure: 3 month initial contract
Essential skills and requirements:
- Soft Skills
- Degree qualification in IT or equivalent experience
- 5+ years accumulative experience
- Strong technical understanding of all aspects of IT infrastructure
- Technical Skills/ Knowledge
- Server Upgrades
- Cloud Platforms - Azure, AWS and Private Cloud platforms and migrations
- Technical writing including problem statements, high level solutions and detailed designs
- Understand technical landscape, and involved in technical decisions
- Involved in review and appraisal of vendor technical solutions put forward, input into vendor selection
- Technical evaluation, review and oversight of vendors work
- Oversee and participate in all aspects of the technical delivery and implementation
- Technical troubleshooting where required
Ideally you will be someone who has extensive working experience as a Systems Specialist (VMWare), be able to take initiative and implement new techniques and processes where appropriate.
Benefits to you:
- Competitive daily rate
- Work for a leading automotive company
- Collaborative team environment
- Potential for ongoing contract
How to apply
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Jodene White on 0416 694 546
PLEASE NOTE: You must have full working rights in Australia to apply for this role (PR or citizenship).
Sthree Australia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.