Tactical Buyer Stevenage £DOE (PR-34095068)
Tactical Buyer Stevenage £DOE
- Are you a Buyer / Tactical Buyer / Engineering Buyer / Manufacturing Buyer?
- Do you have experience of Buying / Purchasing / Procurement Experinece within an Engineering, Manufacturing, Production or Industrial Process Environment?
- Do you want to work for a Global Engineering & Manufacturing Company?
If so, then please see below....
Tactical Buyer Stevenage £DOE
Progressive Engineering and a major Global Engineering Name in Engineered Solutions for Industrial Applications are looking to recruit a Tactical Buyer on a permanent basis for their offices in the Stevenage area (Hertfordshire), owing to succession planning and business forecast & demand for 2023-24+.
Reporting into the Supply Chain Manager, the Tactical Buyer will be responsible for maintaining a highly efficient Supply Chain in support of operations and manufacturing, minimising material and logistics spend, optimising company cash flow whilst delivering customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities of Tactical Buyer:
- Evaluates and acts upon the MRP requirements and Kanban levels for assigned commodities.
- Negotiates pricing and lead-times on non-standard items or for large projects with Suppliers. Involves Site Supply Chain Manager as required.
- Effectively communicates forecast requirements to external Suppliers.
- Objectively measures and communicates Supplier performance to support Supply Chain continuous improvement initiatives. Interfaces with Suppliers, Quality, Strategic Sourcing, and Engineering to quickly resolve quality, delivery or cost issues.
- Drives increased inventory turns, reduced cycle times, and improved Customer OTD by developing, implementing and managing pull-based material replenishment processes, including, but not limited to Kanban cards, vendor managed inventory and Supplier consignment stock.
- Support resourcing and out-sourcing projects by proactively planning materials to ensure uninterrupted flow of product to customers as required.
- Ensure quick resolution of shipping discrepancies, receiving and invoice errors, adjustments to ship dates or quantities on open purchase orders as necessary.
- Work to eliminate excess and obsolete parts and rationalize similar parts.
- Consistent with Operational Excellence focus, participates in Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen events that will eliminate waste and result in significant benefits (Growth, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost) throughout the Supply Chain and wider business.
- Expedite/de-expedite materials when appropriate to effectively control inventory levels and demand requirements.
For this Tactical Buyer role, my client is looking for a Tactical Buyer with the following Qualifications, Experience & Qualifications:
- Excellent analytical, problem solving/decision making skills; ability to make timely, effective, fact-based decisions. Includes a strong working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and scheduling software.
- Proficient in ERP systems and Microsoft office suite software (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, MS project, etc.).
- Prior experience implementing and managing a Kanban or pull system approach to component flow.
- Knowledge of supplier and component qualification processes.
- Knowledge of supplier performance management practices, including supplier scorecards and performance metrics.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to perform and produce results in multifunctional teams in a dynamic work environment.
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships and influence up, down, and across organizational lines
- Undergraduate degree in business or technical field and a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or an MS/MBA in related field.
- Direct experience working with Suppliers from low-cost regions (India, China, Eastern Europe, Etc.).
- Direct experience implementing lean concepts (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen Leadership, 5S, etc).
- Lean Manufacturing and Six-Sigma Green Belt and CIPS certifications highly desirable
For the successful Tactical Buyer, a salary reflective of experience is on offer and this Tactical Buyer role is commutable from Hitchin, Letchworth, Luton, Royston, Bedford, Milton Keynes, St Neots, Huntingdon, St Albans, Stevenage, Hatfield, Herford, Ware & Epping.
To be considered for this Tactical Buyer role, please apply via the link below.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales