Substation Construction Consultant
Progressive Global Energy is recruiting for one of the World's largest Oil & Energy Companies for an experienced Substation Construction Foreman in Carlsbad, NM (and surrounding areas). Searching for candidates with an Electrical Substation/Utilities background so willing to consider candidates wanting to make a change in careers to the Oil & Gas Industry from Utilities.
This is a full-time, long-term contract position due to the significant amount of work the Company has in the Delaware Basins projected to last several years. We offer full benefits(medical, dental, vision, PTO) and 401k to our contract employees. Work schedule is full-time, Monday-Friday 10-12 hour days. Competitive hourly rates offered with per diem and mileage or company vehicle.
Manage construction of Substation infrastructure on behalf of Company's Delaware Basin Development. Working alongside Transmission and Distribution teams.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing all substation construction (electrical, mechanical, civil/structural) Essentially the engineering/project manager's eyes and ears in the field between projects in Carlsbad regarding daily interaction, project progress per construction schedule etc.
- Overseeing projects simultaneously and relaying information back and forth both verbally and through emails
- Resolving any day to day conflict: discrepancies in design or construction
- Work with integrated Team to identify construction needs and develop plans
- Supervise contractors to work safely. Immediately intervene on unsafe acts
- Participate for Job Safety Analysis (JSA) review with contractors
- Closely monitor contractors' performance and identify opportunities for optimization
- Provide daily and weekly progress reports to team
- Verify and accept job done by contractors
Skills and Qualifications:
- Seasoned professional with 10+ years of experience in Substation Construction.
- Looking for experts in HV substation construction (138KV)
- Must have a Utilities background
- Expert in Substation Construction - Mechanical , electrical and civil/structural knowledge
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal
- Team Player; exhibits effective teamwork when working with persons over whom the person may have no direct authority and willingness to assist others
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.