Senior Manual QA Engineer
Senior Manual QA Engineer - 6 month contract - Melbourne CBD
Progressive, in partnership with one of our clients are currently on the lookout for a Senior QA Engineer. My client is a leading organisation within the renewable energy industry.
You will contribute to the testing of the Smart Grid enterprise software for an existing customer and contribute to ensuring quality throughout the full life cycle of product development through inputs to design, development, configuration and implementation into production.
The body of work will involve testing and analysis of core functional modules and customised applications for the implementation of the internal software. My client is looking for an individual who works independently and has the ability to multitask in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
Role: Senior Manual QA Engineer
Location: Melbourne CBD
Tenure: 6 month contract + possible extension
- Create and maintain testing artefacts (test plans, test cases/scripts, defects, test status reports, test summary reports, etc.) for the product suite
- Work closely with engineering and customer teams to analyse and resolve product defects
- Communicate test coverage to the Test Manager, project management and technical resources
- Participate in Defect sessions with project and customer teams
Essential skills and requirements:
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years' experience as a full-time QA Engineer within a structured software/internet QA group
- Experience and understanding of the Smart Meter / Smart Grid Utility space
- Strong background in backend/database testing
- Extensive experience writing SQL queries to verify database tables
- Good working knowledge of Oracle database, Linux and Windows
- Experience testing Java applications without UI
- Experience in API testing, Restful and SOAP web services
- XML verification experience
- Experience in Micro Focus QC/ALM and Jira tools
- Understanding of software product life cycle and agile delivery methodology
Nice to have:
- Experience in performance testing and usability
- Knowledge of other middleware and databases
- Knowledge of regulated and deregulated market structures and business processes
- Knowledge of the Australian market requirements
How to apply For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Annemarie Fischer on 0404 833 955.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have full working rights in Australia to apply for this role (PR or citizenship).