Senior / Lead Naval Architecture Engineer
About the company:
As a results of ongoing and continued successes both within Malaysia and internationally, this global leader within the Oil & Gas Engineering Consulting company is recruiting a Senior / Lead Naval Architecture Engineer to join their Malaysia team.
About the job:
The Naval Architecture Engineer has the technical responsibility for specialized subjects such as Living Quarters, Hull Design, Stability and Weight Control, etc. As the Naval Architecture Engineer, you utilize your technical expertise to develop safe and quality solutions in support of project and discipline requirements with minimal guidance. You ensure successful resolution of complex technical issues to meet project and discipline deliverables. You engage with peers across Regional Centers to promote knowledge sharing and acts as a consultant and mentor to less experienced engineers to ensure knowledge transfer, product memory, and application of best practices. The Naval Architecture Engineer works in conjunction with Discipline Manager, Discipline Leads and engineering staff to seek continuous improvement in both quality and efficiency of work.
Responsible for range of business critical task Including:
In order to develop technical solutions with a cross-disciplinary approach YOU ARE TO:
- Demonstrate depth and breadth of technical knowledge to ensure technical solutions account for design factors such as constructability, install ability, operability, vendor capability, as well as schedule and budgetary constraints
- Utilize technical expertise to identify gaps between the design solution and known product specifications; recommend best alternative solution(s)
- Utilize Products knowledge and how each product relates to the various disciplines to minimize the negative impact on the completion of key project milestones
- Communicate the changes that impact the completion of key project milestones to all stakeholders
- Proactively provide Discipline Manager and/or Discipline Lead with updates regarding activity status, highlight concerns as they arise, and provide guidance to support Discipline Lead to stay within the allocated budget on the project
In order to ensure complex issues for project are successfully resolved YOU ARE TO:
- Utilize established network to resolve complex issues; if issue is outside area of expertise, partner with Technical Expert or Technical Authority to provide Discipline Lead with recommendation or alternative resources to resolve issues
- Apply technical expertise as required to build confidence in Discipline capabilities
- May act as Subject Matter Expert with Clients to inform and influence decisions as needed to gain perspective and understanding of expectations and deliverables
- Ensure lessons learned are documented to enable information sharing on future projects
To ensure technical quality and safety of engineering deliverables YOU ARE TO:
- Share experience/knowledge with peers and participate in all applicable project design reviews
- Challenge technical solutions to ensure all options have been considered and promote best approach; apply expertise in the practical application of new technology in industry
- Collaborate with Discipline Lead to propose/optimize methodology regarding how to execute the tasks within the framework of project requirements
- Ensure activities are completed in compliance with applicable policies, codes, standards, regulations and industry practices
- Promote continuous improvement within the Discipline by maintaining/sharing the latest industry developments; conduct research to solve unique and complex problems
- Participate in Client facing meetings to influence decision making and resolve complex technical issues based on recognized skills in discipline
To succeed in this role you must possess the following skills & experience:
- Degree in Naval Architecture Engineering with a minimum of 15 Years of Experience
- Chartered or Professional Engineer with recognized professional organization / association is added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge in FPSO loading & stability analyses, accommodation design & operational requirements, marine operation & subsequent requirements for offloading system and ship mooring/berthing/towing operation & requirements.
- Knowledge of overall architecture principles; design loop principles of a naval project, key rules and regulations (SOLAS/MODU, Load Line, key Class Rules, Navigation rules, etc.).
- Knowledge in loading & stability analyses software (e.g. Seasafe).
- Hands-on with class rules (ABS, BV, DnV, etc.), international standards (IMO, ILO, etc.) and relevant National Standards (Brazil, UK, HSE, etc.).
- Experienced as Lead Engineer / Team Leader.
Sthree UAE is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.