Product Validation Engineer - Milton Keynes - 6 Months
***This role will be inside IR35***
Umbrella willing candidates only
We are currently looking for a Product Validation Engineer to assist in the development and testing of (custom) Battery packs at the Milton Keynes site.
Initial duration is 6 months with a preferred start date of be March 2nd.
The role will require travel and working at the different test houses around 50% of the time. The rest of the time will be at the Milton Keynes site. This is very much a hands on role that also requires intensive communication with the different test houses.
3 must haves for the job:
- Willingness to travel and be at the tests
- Test experience is required (any hardware), experience with test houses
- Data analysis + report writing
Job Summary: This product focused position verifies and validates the functionality of products across a wide range of customer requirements, across a variety of applications, in various environments. This work plans, tracks, and evaluates results from a wide range of analyses and functional tests to assess product risk and performance. These results are expected to drive quality decisions and proactively resolve product issues before the product reaches the customer.
- Obtains input and negotiates with Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R) stakeholders to define technical requirements and delivers an optimized component-based analytical and experimental verification plan to the program or project team.
- Makes decisions in the areas of verification and validation that impact product performance, reliability, and durability.
- Investigates and addresses potential component concerns or issues, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results with guidance from more experienced team members.
- Applies and supports the improvement of processes such as technical requirements, iDFMEA, Engineering Standard Work (ESW), DVP&R, test planning, and problem solving and tools such as Integrity, Microsoft Power BI, and McParts required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
- Owns problem resolution for moderately complex components, products, systems, subsystems or services with a greater degree of technical complexity and ambiguity over the entry level engineer level and with greater accountability to the project team.
- Provides independent execution of established work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge; engages with the improvement of systems and processes.
- Involves minimal direct management of people, but could involve the coordination and direction of work amongst technicians and/or temporary student employees.
- Contributes effectively toward team goals, exhibits influence within a work group and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales