Process Engineer Hybrid role Motherwell OUTSIDE IR35 (PR-33955187)
Our client is a multi national engineering giant with project worldwide in the nuclear sector. They are looking to add a Process Engineer to their team for a number of projects.
Based in Motherwell on a 6 month contract (extension likely) and to start mid October.
Within this role you will be a Process Engineer with less than 10 years experience required for pharmaceutical, nuclear and chemical projects, providing process engineering input required in the execution of work across full life cycle (Business Analysis to Decommissioning).
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To complete the Process Design, working independently, as a team member
- To complete design deliverables required for the various project stages: Business Analysis, Optioneering, Feasibility, Concept, Front End, Detailed design, Construction, Commissioning, Validation, Process Optimisation and Decommissioning
- Carry out process design work for process and utilities, including:-
- Design concept and layout development,
- Process descriptions
- Basis of Design
- Preparation of material balances
- Process & Business modelling
- Preparation of process flow diagrams & piping and instrumentation diagrams (PFD, P&ID) and schedules
- Preparation of equipment list and process equipment data sheets/specifications,
- Fluids list and materials selection,
- GMP review,
- Process hazard studies (inc. HAZOP, LOPA), Hazardous Area assessment and design safety reviews
- Detail process design calculation (equipment & line sizing, pressure drop etc)
- Pressure relief design
- Preparation and execution of validation documentation.
- Obtaining quotations for equipment
- Technical Bid Analysis of equipment quotations
- Package and vendor management including review of vendor documentation
- Assist in plant layout development
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Chemical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience in one, or more, of the following process and manufacturing environments:
- Member of IChemE (Chartered)
- Experience of highly regulated manufacturing environments (GMP, COMAH, Nuclear licensed)
- Experience of secondary pharmaceuticals sector
This rate is £40/hour OUTSIDE IR35 so a limited company will be required.
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales